Waiting on God!

Remember the time you went to the hospital and you had to wait till the doctor attended to you? What about when you sat in an airplane or bus traveling over a considerable distance. You had to sit in till you got to your destination. Till then there was nothing you could really do. But in all it was the end results that kept you waiting. Then what is so different with God here then? Why can't you wait a little more longer for the one who cannot lie.

Just this Sunday, in the evening i kept pondering over the subject of waiting on the Lord. This is not really pleasant for some of us in this fast paced world that says "i want everything and i want it now". I knew that as a christian am supposed to understand this as a fundamental but it wasn't easy for me. At the back of my mind i knew someway somehow that God was gonna do exactly what he said; but the issue i was battling with was the timing.

Yes the timing. Honestly for a God who sees a day as thousand years and a thousand years as a day, i kind of felt that i might not live enough to see what he promised me or else the time he decides to bring it i might not really need it. As i kept on pondering over this i kept drowning in despair till i heard a voice that said "Have I ever failed you before?". Yes i heard that as clearly as possible as if He was standing right by me. I knew i could not answer that question because he is a just God and i was still battling with issues on belief, faith and doubt. I just gave up on myself and decided to place my weakness in his hands.

I once asked a friend of mine this question what do you do in the waiting period. And he using the journey on the bus scenario answered me; you can either enjoy the ride to your destination by viewing the scenes around you and identifying its beauty, you can also decide to do something to preoccupy you like reading a book or you can even sleep. But at the end of the day you are not to miss out on anything.

So then i would say that you can either decide to enjoy the lord. I mean delighting yourself in the lord, staying focused on him and not yourself or your weaknesses. In the end he is all that matters!
Psalm 62:1 Truly my soul waiteth upon God: from him cometh my salvation.

Comments

Popular Posts